Hospitalist Jobs in Maryland
Saturday · April 21, 2018
1 Job in The Old Line State
Photo: View from a dock at Deep Creek Lake at Wisp Resort in Maryland.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Annapolis) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Annapolis, MD.
- Efficiently uses hospital and healthcare resources OR Generates length of stays and hospital charges that are, on average, below that of non-hospitalist medical peers.
- If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- CME dollars and Paid Days off for CME attendance.
- Manages admissions, daily rounding services, consultative services, and discharges of hospitalized patients.
- Facilitates communication and interactions between the patients, families, peers, ancillary staff, and consultants.
- Incorporates evidenced based practices in clinical decision making and provides high quality care as judged by medical peers.
- Participates in hospital quality initiatives and process improvement.
- Combined Leave Days Paid.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Maryland Medical License.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, Bpqa (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), Hcfa, and Aahs policies.
- The employee must also fulfill the requirements for medical staff membership at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
- Required - PhD/Doctorate Medicine.
- Provides exemplary care of the hospitalized patient including medical evaluation, treatment, diagnostics, referrals for subspecialty consultations, and discharge planning.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- The employee must be licensed to practice in the State of Maryland and Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or a comparable adult medical specialty.
- Required Minimum.
- Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Very competitive salary and benefits await you!
- Participates in multidisciplinary care of the patient.
- 152 - 12 hour Shifts with the opportunity to work extra shifts.
- Participates in educational conferences and meetings.
- Competitive Salary and Generous Quality Incentive.
- Supervises physician extenders, including physician assistants and nurse practitioners.
- Nocturnists/Hospitalists will engage in direct patient care of the hospitalized patient.
This perm job opening was posted
5 days ago